EHS was founded in 1876, making it the oldest independent girls' school in Birmingham.
Clare Macro is the current and 11th Headmistress of the school.
Our school motto is 'Fideliter, Fortiter, Feliciter' which translates as 'Faithfully, Boldly, Successfully’.
EHS was originally housed at the junction of Harborne Road and Hagley Road but within two years had doubled in size and moved to The Laurels at 280 Hagley Road. In
the early Sixties, EHS moved to its current Westbourne Road site.
The School is a member of the GSA (Girls' Schools Association).
Edgbaston High School is easy to reach by public transport. Alternatively, areas including Solihull, Walsall, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, Streetly, Kinver, Stourbridge, Hagley and Halesowen are covered by the School's own minibus services or by private coaches organised by parents.
Edgbaston High School for Girls