the weekly newsletter from EHS
End of term message from the Headmistress
05 July 2019
The end of term is here! We have had a super year in school, busy as always, and we are all looking forward to a period of rest!
Sadly, we have several staff leaving us this year:
• Mrs Judith Hayward is leaving us after 14 years in the Mathematics Department.
• Mrs Heather Howell, who has taught with us for 31 years in total as a part time and then full time Music Teacher, is retiring from classroom teaching but will remain with us as a Teacher of Piano.
• Mrs Anne Collins who has taught in Prep for 32 years, latterly as a Year 4 Teacher. Mrs Collins has also given much to the school through her involvement in sport.
• Mrs Jan Knott who has taught in Prep for 35 years, latterly as a Year 2 Teacher and PSHEE Co-ordinator.
• Mrs Jane Goodyear, who has been the Support Teacher in Prep for 7 years.
We wish our retiring staff a long, healthy and happy retirement.
We are sorry to lose:
• Mrs Katie Williamson PE
• Dr Yinghong Shang Mandarin
• Miss Carmen Hidalgo Spanish Assistant
We also have two members of staff starting their maternity leave at the end of this term:
• Mrs Martha Hayday
• Ms Charlotte Roye
We wish them every happiness with their babies.
We have said a fond farewell to our Year 13 leavers and we look forward to celebrating their A level results with them in August.
The term ended with a variety of activities outside the curriculum for the girls to enjoy and develop their skills of co-operation and teamwork.
We also had our traditional end of year Picnic which much to my surprise became a Festival Party!
As you are aware I too will be retiring this summer. I would like to thank you wholeheartedly for all your support over the last thirteen years; I have had the most wonderful time here and it has been a great pleasure and a privilege to work with your daughters as their Headmistress.
We will be welcoming Mrs Clare Macro to EHS in September and I wish her every success.