Aims and Values
We want to nurture confident, considerate and intellectually curious young women.
In a stimulating and supportive environment, we recognise every girl as an individual. We encourage each one to explore and develop her abilities – so she leaves us with the academic qualifications, personal values and social skills to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Edgbaston High School achieves this by aiming to:
- Inspire a life-long passion for learning, to encourage a thirst for knowledge, and to help each girl become an independent learner.
- Provide education of the highest standard through a comprehensive programme of study, consisting of a broad and balanced core curriculum complemented and enriched by a wide variety of co-curricular pursuits.
- Foster interests that will enrich each girl and enable her to make a valuable contribution to the school and the wider community.
- Maintain a caring pastoral system, which supports mental health and wellbeing, enabling every girl to develop her character and confidence, and demonstrate her talents, while taking on roles of leadership and responsibility.
- Encourage a strong sense of community, through which we help girls develop respectful and tolerant attitudes, enabling them to live in harmony with all members of society.