Sixth Form students at Edgbaston High School are inevitably role models to other pupils within the school.
The aim of the Sixth Form Dress Code is to ensure that students project a distinctive, smart and business-like image, reflecting their attitude to learning and the high standards of the School.
Sixth Form Dress Code:
- Students must wear a suit –black, navy or dark grey and conservative in style.
- The suit may be skirt and jacket or trousers and jacket, but both pieces must be of the same fabric and colour.
- Skirt length must be no shorter than just above the knee.
- Under the jacket, girls may wear a conservative plain blouse or shirt- short or long sleeve with a collar of their own choosing.
- Students are expected to wear sensible and formal footwear in keeping with their suit. No casual footwear is allowed.
- The Sixth Form Sweatshirt (available to order from Heads of Sixth Form) is the only jumper/sweatshirt allowed.
- Hair, jewellery and make-up should not be ostentatious – the same rules apply for younger pupils for health and safety reasons. Hair, if coloured, must be a natural colour. Make-up and jewellery should be minimal. Nose studs or other visible body piercings or tattoos are not allowed.
The school reserves the right to send a student home if, in our opinion, she is not suitably dressed.