Ethos & Aims
In a purposeful atmosphere for learning, personal and academic growth are enhanced by the richness of opportunity offered through a broad and progressive curriculum and stimulating extra-curricular programme.
Pastoral care is an integral part of every aspect of school life, and works hand-in-hand with academic success. Much emphasis is placed on enthusiastic involvement in sport, music, House and other community activities. During her time at EHS each girl is provided with the skills for a successful and satisfying life.
At EHS we aim to:
- Inspire girls to develop a passion for learning, encouraging self discipline, confidence and independent thinking.
- Provide an enjoyable, stimulating and supportive environment underpinned by high quality tuition in which each girl can develop values and interests which will enrich her life and enable her to make a valuable contribution to the school and the wider community.
- Offer each girl the opportunity to achieve her full potential, to develop leadership qualities, take on responsibilities, gain academic and technical qualifications and the social skills needed for living and working in an ever changing world.
- Provide a caring pastoral system and an environment in which every girl has the opportunity to grow in stature and confidence, to develop her character and demonstrate her talents.
- Encourage a sense of personal responsibility and foster a strong sense of community where traditional values are upheld, the highest of standards are expected and where the needs and beliefs of all members are respected.